In the late 1930s, France ordered 18 ships of the British Flower class type, 6 of those to be build in French shipyards. After the
Invasion of France, those incomplete ships were captured by the Germans and four of them were continued under German control.
, the former Hallebarde
, was commissioned on 10.11.1943 also served in the 15th VP-Flotilla until it was sunk on 15.06.1944 by RAF bombers in Le Havre.