In 1936 and 1938, a total of 4 new fleet tenders for the fast attack boat flotillas were ordered by the Kriegsmarine. Only the first two were laid down and completed, the other two orders were cancelled with the outbreak of World War II.
The Carl Peters
class was build to support an equip the fast attack boats with torpedoes, depth charges, ammunition, fuel and fresh water, in addition they were used as floating barracks and hospitals for the small S-boats.
The Adolf Lüderitz
got operational in 1941. It survived the war and was taken over by the Soviet Union in 1946. Renamed as Pingea
, it was used until 1964, and its possible that the ship still exists as a hulk today.