After the invasion of Norway, the Kriegsmarine captured four torpedo boats of the Norwegian Sleipner class, which were modern
ships just commissioned before the war. Being quite small vessels, the ships were not used for combat action but for U-boat training in the Baltic Sea since 1942. After the war, all four ships were returned to Norway were they first served as training vessels, but were later refitted as patrol boats with reduced armament and boiler power.
was scuttled during the German occupation of Norway on 09.04.1940. Raised and repaired, it was commissioned on
13.06.1940 as Tiger
. It was also reclassified as a Torpedofangboot in January of 1942. Returned to Norway in 1949 it was converted into an escort vessel and scrapped in 1959.